"At Avosant, we strive to do perfect work for each and every patient. Each patient gets my full attention and skills from the initial consultation and until long after they have fully recovered and healed. While healthcare, and especially my field of Plastic Surgery can have many pitfalls, we are here, by your side to help make your experience and results, the best that they can be."
Daniel Golshani, M.D., F.A.C.S. is a double board certified Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon. He is one of a small number of plastic surgeons nationally who maintain active certification by both The American Board of Plastic Surgery, and The American Board of Surgery. He is a Fellow of The American College of Surgeons, and a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). Dr. Golshani is internationally recognized by his colleagues and patients for his work in aesthetic plastic surgery of the face and body and is involved in advancing the field of plastic surgery through clinical research in stem cell autologous fat grafting, multi-layer single stage augmentation mastopexies, minimally invasive facial aesthetic surgery, and anti-aging facial rejuvenation. Dr. Golshani is nationally recognized by multiple Patient’s Choice, Compassionate Physician, and Top Doctors Awards. He is the founder of Rexford Surgical Institute, Inc., a multi-specialty surgical center, and Avosant Beverly Hills, a multidisciplinary aesthetic clinic in Beverly Hills, California. He holds active staff privileges at Providence Saint Johns’ Medical Center in Santa Monica, California.
Dr. Golshani graduated with Phi Beta Kappa, Magna Cum Laude, and Dean’s scholar from UCLA with a bachelor of science degree in Biology. He attended the University of California, Irvine College of Medicine as one of only two University of California Regent’s Scholars. During this time he served as the class co-President, received multiple honors, and performed basic science research on calcium ion channels and immune cellular physiology.
Dr. Golshani next attended and completed a six year internship and residency program in General Surgery at the LA County – USC Medical Center where he took part in the care of thousands of surgical patients, performed basic science research in plastic and reconstructive surgery, and ultimately graduated as a Chief Resident, receiving the USC General Surgery Outstanding Chief Resident Teacher of the Year award in 1997.
For the next two years Dr. Golshani attended the world-renowned Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Residency Program at the University of California – San Francisco (UCSF). He found UCSF to be the most perfect venue to learn the art and science of Plastic and Reconstructive surgery from world-famous mentors including Dr. Stephen Mathes, Dr. Jack Owsley a pioneer in facelift surgery, Dr. Gilbert Gradinger, and Dr. Harry Buncke the father of the field of Microsurgery. Dr. Golshani completed his surgical training, after nine years of residency with a final year of fellowship training in reconstructive microsurgery at USC Keck School of Medicine and SCOI in 2000.
Daniel Golshani M.D. , F.A.C.S., holds memberships in the California Society of Plastic Surgeons, Los Angeles Society of Plastic Surgeons, LA Surgical Society, LAC- USC Society of Graduate Surgeons and the UCSF Plastic Surgeons Alumni Association. He has conducted many research projects and published many articles in reconstructive and aesthetic plastic surgery. Dr. Golshani also has served as a consultant for national and international magazines, radio and television programs, helping to educate the public on the modern techniques and ethical practice of plastic and reconstructive surgery.
Memberships, Awards, Privileges
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery 2003, Recertified 2013
Diplomate, American Board of Surgery 2000, Recertified 2010
Fellow, American College of Surgeons
Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
Member, International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Member, Los Angeles Surgical Society
Member, California Society of Plastic Surgeons
Member, UCSF Plastic Surgeons Association
Phi Beta Kappa
Magna Cum Laude
University of California Regent’s Scholar
USC General Surgery Outstanding Chief Resident Teacher Award 1997
Patient’s Choice Award 2009 - 20012
Compassionate Physician Award 2011-2012
America’s Top Surgeons - Plastic Surgery - 2014
Research & Publications
Areas of Research Interest
Single-stage breast reconstruction for breast cancer
Autogenous Single Stage Breast Reconstruction
Management of bronchopleural fistulae
Growth factors in tissue regeneration
Surgical approaches to islet cell transplantation
Dorsal Wrist Syndrome
The Role of Anti-idiotypic Antibodies in the Prevention of First Trimester Abortions
Advisor: Stanley Jordan, M.D.
The Pediatric Immunopathology laboratory
University of California, Los Angeles - 1983-86
A Study on the Applications of Non-equilibrium Thermodynamics in the Evolution of Human Behavior
Advisor: S. Wise, Ph.D.
Department of History
University of California, Los Angeles - 1987
Neuro-endocrine Activation of Calcium Channels in Human T-lymphocyte Cell Lines - The Physiology of Ligand-activated Calcium Channels in B-lymphocytes
Advisor: M.D. Cahalan, Ph.D.
Department of Physiology
University of California, Irvine - 1988-89
• The Effects of Alloplastic Implants on the Craniofacial Skeleton • Prevention of Adhesion Formation Following Tendon Repair
The Effect of Alloplastic Implant Type and Surface Charge on DBM-induced Osteogenesis
Advisor: Tadeusz Wellisz, M.D.
Division of Plastic Surgery
Department of Surgery
University of Southern California - 1993-95
Vertebral Artery Injuries
Advisor: D. Demetriades, M.D.
Department of Surgery
University of Southern California - 1993
Inferior Vena Cava Injuries
Advisor: A. Yellin, M.D.
Department of Surgery
University of Southern California - 1992-95
Management of Bronchopleural Fistulae
Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
University of California, San Francisco - 1997-1999
Dorsal Wrist Syndrome
Southern California Orthopedic Institute - 1999-2000
Ongoing Research Projects 2001 - Present
Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty
Multiplanar Single Stage “Totum” Augmentation Mastopexy
Gluteal Augmentation with Large Volume Autologous Fat Grafting
Super Dense Autologous Fat Grafting of the Face
Total Body Liposculpture
Multiplanar Facial Augmentopexy
Abstracts and Presentations
1. Barkley S, Golshani S, Jordan S., Sakai B. Detection of Anti-HLA Anti-idiotypic Antibodies in the Cord Blood Sera of Normal Neonates. The Western Society forPediatric Research, September, 1985.
2. Golshani S, Wellisz T, Lawrence M, Jazayeri M, Zhou Z. The Effects of Alloplastic Implants on the Growing Facial Skeleton. California Society of Plastic Surgeons, Inc., SanDiego, CA., January 13, 1994.
3. Lawrence M, Golshani S, Wellisz T, Jazayeri M, Zhou Z. The Deformation of the Mandible Beneath Alloplastic Implants. California Society of Plastic Surgeons, Inc., SanDiego, CA., January 13, 1994.
4. Wellisz T, Lawrence M, Golshani S, Jazayeri M, Zhou Z. The Deformation of the Rabbit Mandible Beneath Alloplastic Implants. Society for Biomaterials, Boston, MA., April 5-9, 1994.
5. Golshani S, Wellisz T, Zhou Z, Nimni M. Use of a Hyaluronic Acid Coated Sheath in the Prevention of Flexor Tendon Adhesions: An Experimental Study in the Rat. American Association for Hand Surgery, Marco Island, FL., January 14-16, 1995.
6. Asensio JA, Demetriades D, Theodorou D, Berne TV, Golshani S Belzberg H, Weaver F, Yellin A. Management Options in Vertebral Artery Injuries. International Surgical Week ISW 95, Lisbon, Portugal, August 27-September 2, 1995.
7. Cornwell EE III, Demetriades D, Theodorou D, Berne TV, Golshani S, Belzberg H, Weaver F, Velhamos G, Yellin A. Penetrating Injuries of the Neck: Clinical Examination, Angiography or Colour Flow Doppler?. International Surgical Week ISW 95, Lisbon, Portugal, August 27-September 2, 1995
8. Kuehne J, Frankhouse J,Cornwell E, Aziz I, Golshani S,Modral G, Weaver F, Demetriades D, Yellin A. Determinants of Survival after Inferior Vena Caval Trauma American Association for the Surgery of Trauma, 1997.
9. Denkler K, Golshani S, Resection of Dupuytren’s Contracture under Local Anesthetic with Epinephrine. International Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons, San Francisco, California, June 22- July 3rd, 1999.
10. Golshani S, Lee C, Do H, Mathes S, Thomas A. The Complex Empyema Cavity: Anatomy of the Bronchopleural Fistula as a Determinant of Outcome. Presented at the annual meeting of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Los Angeles, California, October 16th,2000.
1. Golshani S, Zhao Z, Gade P. Applications of Medpor Porous Polyethylene in Facial Bone Augmentation. The American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery, Vol. 11, No.2, 1994.
2. Wellisz T, Lawrence M, Golshani S, Jazayeri M, Zhou Z., .The Effects of Alloplastic Implants on the Adult Rabbit Craniofacial Skeleton. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Vol. 97,No. 2, September 1995.
3. Demetriades D, Theodorou D, Asensio J, Golshani S, Belzberg H, Yellin A, Weaver F, Berne TV. Management Options in Vertebral Artery Injuries. British Journal of Surgery, Vol.83(1):83-86.
4. Golshani S, Simons A, Der R, Ortega A. Necrotizing Fasciitis Following Laparoscopic Surgery: Case Report and Review of Literature. Surgical Endoscopy ,(1996) 10:751-754.
5. Zhou Z, Golshani S, Wellisz T, Rosso R, Nimni M, Reinisch J. A New Model for Heterotopic Aortic Valve Transplantation. Transplantation, Vol. 64, 228-232, July,1997.
6. Golshani S, Lee c, Sydorak R. Symptomatic Forearm Muscle Hernia: Repair by Autologous Fascia Lata Inlay. Annals of Plastic Surgery. Vol 43(2):pp. 204-206, August, 1999.
7. Kuehne J, Frankhouse J, Modral G, Golshani S, Demetriades D, Yellin A. Determinants of Survival after Inferior Vena Cava Trauma. American Surgeon,Vol.65(10):976-981, October 1999.
8. Golshani S, Lee C, Cass D, Thomas A, Mandape AH., Microvascular “Supersharged” Cervical Colon: Minimizing Ischemia in Esophageal Reconstruction. Annals of plastic Surgery, Vol 43(5):553-8, November, 1999. Languages: Francais, Espanol, Farsi